This is a quick post. And a quick recipe. Because these Zesty Cilantro Steak bowls won’t just make themselves.
And trust me. This is what you want for dinner tonight.
I’ve been having fun recently taking inspiration from what is on sale at the grocery store. However, that mentality can be dangerous at times, I will admit. It reminds me somewhat of the saying “don’t go grocery shopping hungry”. It becomes a game of sticky fingers…grabbing everything in sight.
I’m the same way when it comes to a damn good sale. Anyone else? I end up spending more and purchasing a hell of a lot more things than I would have liked…just because I got a good deal on all of the individual items.
But hey. Sometimes, it gives me a variety of ingredients to work with that I would not have paired otherwise.
This more often than not happens in none other than Trader Joe’s. I mean, it’s just the best place on earth (basically, right???). In the case of this dish, freshness from the cilantro, spiciness from the jalapeno and zing from the citrus of your choice all come together to make a wonderfully easy dinner (or lunch). Even better? I got them all for a great price.
Without further adieu…Print
Fresh, zesty, and satisfying. This quick meal freezes well, should you have extra bowls leftover.
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro (most stems removed, don’t worry about all of them); this is also equivalent to one bag of cilantro from Trader Joe’s
- The juice of two limes or lemons
- 6 garlic cloves, or 3 TBSP minced garlic; Yes, I like garlic
- 2 Jalapeños, cut in half and seeds removed; I like it spicy, so I kept half the seeds in
- Lemon infused olive oil, enough to combine the ingredients in a food processor or blender. About 2-3 TBSP
- 1LB shaved beef steak from Trader Joe’s
- 1 to 2 12oz bags of frozen riced cauliflower; personal preference on how much you serve the steak with
Optional: Green Goddess dressing from Trader Joe’s to take down some of the spice.
COMBINE all ingredients, except the olive oil, into a food processor. Pulse a couple times, then stream in the olive oil.
ADD the marinade to a gallon sized baggie, reserving 1/4 of it to top the dish with. Add 1LB shaved beef steak from Trader Joe’s, and massage around until fully coated.
COOK the marinated steak over medium heat for 7ish minutes or until fully cooked. While the steak is cooking, microwave one bag of cauliflower rice for 3.5 min. Season it with salt/pepper/touch of lemon olive oil (or just fresh squeezed lemon) before topping it with the cooked steak and drizzling the reserved sauce.
Garnish with chopped jalapeños and cilantro.
Makes 2-3 bowls.
- FREEZES WELL! Freeze the sauce separately from the bowl and top once the frozen bowl is heated through for a not-so-sad desk lunch, quick dinner, or any meal on the go!
- Serve with a tablespoon or two of Trader Joe’s Green Goddess dressing, should you need to cool the spice down a little bit.
Keywords: zesty cilantro steak bowls