You know those kinds of recipes that make your house smell great for days?? Well, this soft-baked pumpkin chai granola is bound to replace any Fall-themed candle you have in your house with how YUMMY and cozy it smells coming out of the oven.
- 2 cups Old fashioned oats
- 3/4 c. Tricolor quinoa (any quinoa would do, I just thought the colors looked cool and fall-like)
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 Tsp cardamom
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg
“Sauté Mix ins”:
- 2 cups pecan halves (check out Whole Foods in the bull section)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 TBSP Vanilla (This may seem like a lot, but I like a lot of vanilla, k?)
- 1 Tsp cardamom
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup Agave nectar (maple syrup or honey would also work here)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Coconut sugar (or brown sugar) – depending how sweet you want it
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil
- 3 egg whites
Preheat oven to 325.
Mix the “dry base” ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
Over medium heat, combine the “saute mix ins (minus the pumpkin)” following in a sauté pan. Cook until the pecans are golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Then, mix in 2/3 cup pumpkin purée in the saucepan before pouring into the dry mix bowl. Note: the pumpkin/pecan mixture will look clumpy and unappetizing haha but just mix it in real well with the oats and it’ll all be good! Have faith.
In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk the wet ingredients until the sugar dissolves (or do the same thing in a microwave if you don’t wanna dirty another pan, I feel ya).
Pour the agave mixture in the dry mix bowl and ✨MIX WELL UNTIL EVERY LAST DRY BIT IS COATED✨. Then, pour over a 1/2 sheet pan, or split between 2 quarter sheet pans. You want a very thin layer.
***SECRET TO GET THE CLUMPS*** Whisk 3 egg whites for 45 seconds until frothy, then dump over granola and use the back of a spoon to spread it over the mix. This will give you the best clumps!
Bake for 25-30 min or until golden brown and the edges are crispy. Let it cool completely (muy importante)! Then transfer to a mason jar or plastic baggie.
Keywords: pumpkin chai granola