Weekends spent at Sands Beach Club are not complete without a slew of cocktails…this Red Sangria being one of them.
What’s great about our beach crew is that everyone contributes something to our “circle”. Here’s our typical spread/scene:
- Aunt Nancy brings the chocolate chip cookies (my Dad gets his own special container and the rest of us pick through the remains…and it’s a known fact that you don’t touch “his” cookies from his special batch.). She upped her game this summer and started to add walnuts. Not only that, but she’s known to always have a cheese/pepperoni/cracker platter hiding somewhere in her cooler which usually gets whipped out around 3PM. OH and she’s THE sandwich making Queen.
- Uncle Mark supplies the entertainment. I swear he is the funniest human I know and once he gets going, you can for SURE hear my Dad’s belly laugh from across the beach.
- Barb brings her homemade salsa, and is guaranteed to get crap from the group when she doesn’t.
- Carrie is known to make her blueberry vodka lemonades or margs.
- My Dad, “Davey Dog” as Uncle Mark would say, is responsible for strawberry banana daiquiris.
- Lauren is my fellow drinking and tanning buddy (and gossiper when need be).
- Anddd when we’re graced with Timmy and Boo’s good company, our circle just feels complete.
- Finally, my Mom and I supply the Sangria. We dubbed it “Nanc’s SASS” – aka Nanc’s Strong as Sh*t Sangria.
What’s great about this Red Sangria recipe is how easy and honestly how versatile it is. Adjust the fruit and alcohol to your liking. Don’t have apples on hand?? Add more oranges. Want to throw pears or peaches in? Be my guest.
Normally, we would just dump random alcohol in the container and call it a day. but this summer, having in the back of my head I would want to share this, I knew I had to write down the measurements SO HERE YOU HAVE IT.
Like the name suggests, this is some strong sangria, but let’s be real. If you’re gonna have a day at the beach, have a DAY.
…anddd if we need more to drink, we just walk our butts down to Donovan’s.Print
Weekends spent on the beach in the summer in Jersey (no, not Seaside where the cast of Jersey Shore spent their time…) are not complete without a glass (or 4) of Sangria. It is super easy to make and versatile!
- 3 bottles of Red Wine (we used Seaglass Pinot Noir)
- 3.5 cups of Vodka
- 2 cups of Triple sec
- 1.5 cups of Brandy
- 8 cans of Citrus Fresca
- The juice of 4 big oranges (I cut them up to add to the mix as well after squeezing bc I like the way it looks)
- The juice of 5 limes (same thing as oranges)
- 4 Gala apples, cubed
- 1.5 TBSP cinnamon, optional (thanks to my friend Anne for the new addition of this. It’s a game changer…however, if you are using white wine, SKIP the cinnamon)
Throw it all into a big container and let it sit overnight to give the apples time to soak up some alcohol.
Serve over ice the next day!
If you are using white wine, I suggest to try and use peaches instead of the apples! And do not forget to omit the cinnamon if you are using white (sorry that you had to be the taste tester for that, Aunt Debbie haha)
Keywords: Red sangria