Have you tried Kween Foods Granola butter created by THE queen herself, Ali Bonar from @avokween? Well, if not, it’s basically the world’s FIRST spreadable granola and tastes like liquid Teddy Grahams. Sign. Me. Up.
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Spice Granola Butter
- 10 Trader Joe’s Medjool Dates, pit removed
- 2/3 cup Great Lakes collagen
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar (honey or maple syrup could also work here)
- 1 Tsp. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie seasoning
- An additional 1/4 cup Pumpkin Spice Granola Butter
- Optional – splash of vanilla extract
Remove the pit from the Medjool dates, and soak them in hot water for 10 minutes to soften them up.
Use a Food Processor or high powered blender to pulse 1/3 of the Granola butter and the soaked dates until a paste-like dough forms.
Add the dough to a bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients. Then, use a scooper (or two spoons) to form into balls. I’m basically obsessed with my scooper, and use it for so many things including frosting cupcakes in NO TIME AT ALL, so if you don’t already have one, get one 🙂
- Depending how much water is left in the dates after you soak them, you might need to add more of the dry ingredient aka the collagen (or if you are not trying to keep these nut-free, using almond flour would do the trick as well).
- Adding some mini chocolate chips to this would take them to the next level FO SHO.
Keywords: protein bites; collagen balls; energy bites