Simple ingredients and whole30 approved. This chicken salad sits all the marks – texture from the cashews, creaminess from a combo of mayo and yogurt, and a pinch of sweetness from the pomegranate seeds.
- 16oz cooked chicken, chopped – I use Trader Joe’s Simply Roast Chicken Breast with rib meat
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds – Another Trader Joe’s find. 1/2 cup is almost the whole package.
- 1/2 cup hemp seed hearts for some added plant based protein, optional.
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews, chopped
- 1/8 cup red onion, diced
- 1 serving Kite Hill Hoods Unsweetened almond milk plain yogurt (the 5.3oz serving size)
- 2 TBSP Primal Kitchen chipotle lime mayo
- Fresh dill – I used about a half cup (measured before I chopped), but feel free to use as much as you want!
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
Prep the ingredients (i.e. chop the chicken, onions, cashews and dill). Pour all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- I love dipping Trader Joe’s plantain chips in this!
- Squeeze the lemon directly onto the chicken before mixing to ensure the chicken is well seasoned (and do the same with salt/pepper).
Keywords: chicken salad; whole30