All the flavor of pecan pie without 1) having to turn on your oven and 2) not all the processed and refined sugars that go along with it.
- 8 Trader Joe’s Medjool Dates, soaked in hot water for 15 min to soften them up – Please note that the pit needs to be removed prior to soaking.
- 3/4 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Georgia Grinders Pecan butter
- 1/4 cup Raw pecans
- 1/3 cup Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen – You can also sub in more almond flour if you don’t have this on hand.
Pulse the dates and pecan butter together in a Food Processor until combined
Add in the remaining (dry) ingredients and pulse that mixture until a paste forms.
Optional Stick the dough in the fridge for about 15 min to make it easier to roll into balls (or just dig right in if you have no self-control like myself).
I then rolled mine in pecans and unsweetened coconut and topped some with sea salt. Get creative with those toppings!
Store these cuties in the fridge or freezer for the perfect on the go treat.
- Don’t want to use gelatin? Just add more almond flour.
- The consistency of the “dough” will vary depending on how much water is left in the dates after soaking. If it is too sticky, add more almond flour. If it is too dry, add some honey or more pecan butter.
Keywords: pecan pie