Man oh man. You’re going to want to have these Sweet Potato Pancakes on REPEAT for weekends to come. I promise.
Some things are just meant to be, ya know? What first started out as cinnamon apple sweet potato (I know, quite the mouthful) waffles, ended up as pancakes after my 15+ year old waffle iron decided to die on me mid cooking sesh one early Saturday morning. Although I am typically #teamwaffles, pancakes isn’t the worst thing that could have happened, right?
This leaning TOWER of pancake goodness is made from very simple ingredients. Not only that, but it offers a blank slate for allllll kinds of glorious toppings. Perfect for a weekend brunch with friends or just by yourself as you’re catching up of Top Chef episodes (anyone else a fan), this stack will not disappoint.Print
Cinnamon apple is a classic fall flavor (in my mind). But add in sweet potatoes?? Game. Over.
- 2 cups grated sweet potato (approx. one large SP will get you this amount)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Blanched Almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated purple potato (got mine from the local farmers market and the color was EPIC. If you don’t have this on hand, just add 1/2 cup more sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup grated apple (approx. one half a large apple, use the other half to snack on while these babies cook up)
- 1 TBSP Ceylon cinnamon (this has a stronger cinnamon-y taste in my opinion)
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
Prep/grate all the necessary ingredients, and combine in a bowl with the eggs and all dry ingredients. Scoop batter into Ghee (or butter) greased skillet and cook for 3-4 min on each side (or until edges are crispy).
Top with whatever your damn heart desires! I used Espresso Motha Butta Coconut butter (use code “fingerfoodie” for 10% off), sautéed apples, honey and Trader Joe’s Roasted cacao nibs.