I’m honestly shocked I haven’t posted this sooner, as this has been the most requested recipe by friends and family for years now. But here it is: Nanc’s famous pepperoni pizza dip.
It hits all of the dip necessities. Creamy, salty, meaty, cheese-pull-y, saucy. And when paired with Tostitos or Fritos scoops…crunchy.
When you put this dip down on the table at ANY of our family functions, it is every man for themselves as to who can grab one of the forks to be able to take the first bite.
This not only comes together pretty easy, but I’ve never met a person who didn’t like this dip. I mean, what’s not to like???
The timing of this post couldn’t be more perfect, if I do say so myself. You’ll want this on your Super Bowl app table FOR SURE.
- 12 oz. Sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2/3 cup Hunt’s tomato sauce
- 6 oz. pepperoni
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and oregano. Spread evenly in an 8×8 pan.
- Top with the Hunt’s tomato sauce.
- Layer the pepperoni on top of the sauce, then sprinkle the green bell peppers and scallions over the pepperoni.
- Bake at 375, uncovered, until the sauce starts to bubble on the sides (about 35 minutes). Top with cheese and finish in the oven until the cheese melts (about 5 minutes).
- Before serving, mix it all up and serve with Tostitos or Fritos scoops. Also have a couple forks in there. This is a pretty hefty dip and the forks help scoop it up onto the chips.
- Serve with Tostitos or Fritos scoops!
- Adjust the red pepper flakes based on your preference on heat level. The 1/2 teaspoon gives it a nice little kick, but not too bad!