There’s just something about anything mini sized that gets me every time. ESPECIALLY mini desserts.These mini apple crumble pies are insanely easy and are the perfect “semi-homemade” dessert if you’re looking to whip up something fast.
And with the help of Meli’s Monster Cookie mix, these mini pies are just as tasty as they are cute. I used the Cashewlicious box and that mix is choc-full of dark chocolate and dried cherries. Those flavors, paired with the buttery graham crust and the apple pie filling, all come together for a great treat.
After pouring the apple pie filling evenly between the pie crusts, all you have to do is spoon the prepared cookie dough on top and bake. So easy.
If I had some on hand, I would have dolloped some vanilla ice cream on top while the pies were still warm. But, even without the ice cream, these turned out pretty damn tasty and digging in with a spoon was just fine. Be sure to pick up a box of the Meli’s Cookie mix during your next Target trip! They are found in the baking isle and happen to be gluten-free if that’s your thing 😉
An oat cookie topping from Meli’s Monster Cookies elevates this semi-homemade dessert.
- 1 – 16oz box oatmeal cookie mix, I used Meli’s Monster cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 – 20z can of apple pie filling
- 12 – 3 inch Keebler Mini Graham Cracker Pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the softened butter, vanilla extract and egg with the Meli’s cookie mix. I did not have cashew butter on hand to go along with the instructions on the box, so I just subbed extra butter. Set aside.
- Arrange the graham cracker crusts on a parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a bowl, pour out the apple pie filling and break up some of the larger apple pieces with a fork. Distribute the apple pie filling evenly throughout all of the crusts.
- Top the apple filling with the cookie dough. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cookies get a slightly crisp outer edge. PLEASE NOTE that baking times may vary depending on whether or not you bake the cookies with all butter like I did or if you used the cashew butter per the box instructions.
- Let the pies cool slightly before digging in. Best served warmed up (with vanilla ice cream)!
- Best served warm
- Adjust baking time depending on what kind of cookie mix you use. Although I highly recommend the Meli’s Monster Cookie brand because of the yummy cherry and chocolate pieces, any oatmeal cookie dough would be perfect!