- 1 3/4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 stick of salted butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla
- 30oz tube of Chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 quarts of Vanilla bean ice cream, softened in the microwave for 1 minute
- 1 – 12.8oz jar of Hershey’s hot fudge, softened
- 1 – 14.1oz jar of Crunchy Speculoos cookie butter, softened
NOTE: The cookies and the walnut topping can be done days in advance as long as they are stored in a sealed container. I would highly recommend doing so, since this is the bulk of the “work” put into this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake off all cookies in the tube. Since these are going to be crushed, the shape of them is irrelevant. I like to do small ones, however, to speed of the cooking process. I also like to cook them slightly underbaked. Once the cookies are done, crush them up and put them in a bowl. Set aside.
- Turn oven up to 425. Combine all walnut topping ingredients in a glass dish. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool completely. Take the crushed cookies and the caramelized walnut mixture and combine the two. Set this cookie mixture aside.
- In the bottom of a parchment lined 10 inch spring form pan, pour 1/2 cup of the cookie butter and spread evenly. Take 2 cups of the cookie mixture and layer that on top. Then add 1 quart of the ice cream.
- Swirl 1/2 cup of hot fudge on top of the ice cream, then layer 3 cups of the cookie mixture on top of that. Next, another quart of ice cream, then swirl 1/4 cup fudge and 1/2 cup cookie butter on top of that. Top with 2 cups of the cookie mixture.
- With any remaining hot fudge and cookie butter, drizzle them on top before freezing the whole thing for at least 2 hours. To make a quick piping bag, put the end of a plastic baggie at the bottom of a cup, then drape the bag opening over the cup edges. Pour in the fudge, then seal the bag and snip the end before drizzling. Repeat with the cookie butter, if you have any left. See picture below.
Abbreviated layering instructions from the bottom up:
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 2 cups cookie mix
- 1 Quart of ice cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge
- 3 cups of cookie mix
- 1 Quart of ice cream
- 1/4 cup fudge, 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 2 cups of cookie mix
- Hot fudge and cookie butter drizzle
- To make slices, cut a circle about two inches from the edge, then make slices perpendicularly. Repeat by cutting another circle once the first ring has been cut into slices.