These honey mustard roasted carrots take about 5 seconds to throw together and are the perfect side for just about anything in my opinion.
I served these honey mustard roasted carrots with Anne Burrell’s short ribs for Mother’s Day dinner this year and they were a hit.
One of the reasons why I say they go well with almost anything is because of the temperature I cook them at. Most roasted carrot recipes tell you to cook them at 425, and while that may help with the caramelizing on the outside faster, it is rare to have dishes that all need to cook at that high of a temperature. And when it comes to planning and getting everything out hot and around the same time, I’ll take anything that makes it a little easier on myself.
With this recipe, 375 is the sweet spot and works well for many other recipes that you might be making. It takes less planning if everything cooks at the same temperature, so I just went with it and it came out awesome.
If you are looking for an easy side dish, look no further. These roasted carrots are going to be my new staple.Print
Quite possibly the easiest side dish, ever.
- 4 lbs tri-colored carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP honey
- 2 tsp mustard, I like Mister Mustard (hot) for the added kick
- 2 TBSP Fresh thyme
- 4-6 oz goat cheese
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Peel carrots, then lay them out on a sheet pan. I did not cover the sheet pan in foil or anything, as the oil will keep it from sticking.
- Whisk all ingredients together except for the thyme and goat cheese, then pour over the carrots. Massage the dressing over the carrots until it is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes or until carrots are tender. Top with fresh thyme and crumbled goat cheese.
- You do not need to use tri-colored carrots if all you have available are the orange ones. Those will work just fine!
- Spice it up by using hot honey instead of regular honey.