My take on chicken salad is the perfect combo of salty, sweet, and tangy, you’re gonna wanna give this one a try fo sho.
- 1lb cooked chicken – I used one package of Trader Joe’s Heat and Serve “Just Chicken” white meat chicken – google it or check out the highlight section on my Instagram that features all of my favorite TJ’s products. The packaging has a blue label and is a staple in my kitchen for sure.
- 2 TBSP Kite Hill Foods Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk Yogurt
- 2 TBSP Avocado Oil – I like Chosen foods or Primal Kitchen
- 1/2 c. Diced apple – about 1/3 of a large apple, and just save the rest for snacking
- 1/3 c. Trader Joe’s Raw Cashews, toasted
- 1/4 c. Chopped celery – about 2 stalks, but I got mine from the salad bar at Whole Foods
- 1 TBSP Curry Powder from Trader Joe’s
- 4 Trader Joe’s black Mission figs, roughly chopped – you could also use raisins or any other dried fruit in my opinion!
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Optional – chopped scallions
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and that’s it. You can get a little more technical by mixing the mayo/yogurt/curry powder and slowly adding it to the rest of the ingredients until you get the desired consistency, but not completely necessary.
Garnish with scallions.
It’s best if you let it sit overnight, BUT if you must eat it right away (like I did), I would suggest adding a little more of the yogurt.
Keywords: chicken salad